Painting with watercolors to soothe my soul.
I’m one of the first people who will admit that watercolors intimidate me. The idea of a medium I have very little control over (compared to traditional painting) is kind of daunting.
I almost exclaimed in delight when I realized how much fun watercolor is! If you go in with no expectation of the end result, you’ll find yourself creating beautiful things. I ended up using the watercolor paints that come in a tube and basic watercolor paper. To make your watercolor creations look professional, use masking or painter’s tape to block off the edges to create a border.
- Watercolor paint (tube or pan)
- Watercolor paper (anything else may be too thin!)
- Brushes (at least 2x, one for – and another for details)
- Painter’s tape or masking tape *optional
- Exacto knife *optional (if you want to cut your paper down to size)